As Shopify Partners we believe its important to stay connected with the community to grow by learning from each other. That's why Headfirst flew from Canada to fabulous New York city to attended two events hosted by Shopify: A networking soirée at the gorgeous Williamsburg hotel + A Day With Shopify conference at the hip Greenpoint Loft.
Having the opportunity to get feedback on our branding from Matt & Lauren from Shopify, learn about the costs of online fraud with Chris Machin from NS8, and exchange with Shopify Parner Heather Palmer on the ins & outs of being a consultant - brought Headfirst a fresh perspective on doing business.
At our Day with Shopify two topics were of particular interest: The Contrarian Consultant: Counter-Intuitive Strategies to Grow Your Business (Kurt Elster) & Putting the Client First: The Key to a Successful Agency (Colleen Oates and Shelly Socol). Both speakers delivered above expectations with dynamic presentations packed with precious takeaways:
Kurt Elster - Ethercycle
- Run your business as you see fit
- Connect with an authentic voice
- When pricing is on a website, it sets in stone what the client can expect
- Know your clients and your worth
- When you get booked solid, double your prices
Colleen Oates and Shelly Socol - One Rock Well
- Clients are kings, get to know them
- Deliver according to timelines and expectations ensures repeat business
- Messages consistency + look & feel are crucial to a streamlined online experience
- Customization should drive website design pricing up
- Strict employees policies on phone usage at work guarantees sharp performances